I Hope You Dance Lee Ann Womack

I Hope You Dance Lee Ann Womack
Promise me that you’ll give faith a fighting chance, And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance. Dance….I hope you dance.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sandra Fredericks RIP

Last month I spent another week in the hospital.  I was admitted to the CCU for some tests CTScans etc. I had a private room  quite nice all the amenities that a  good Coronary room should have lol.. Of course how would I know except for  staying there. Towards the end of my stay in hospital, I was moved into another room that was  empty when I arrived but the following morning  another lady was transferred , she and I were "roomies"  You couldn't help but like her from the start. She  was a lady that had an incredibly big personality!  She would laugh loud talk loud   Very rarely you didn't see her without a smile. She had some serious medical issues but she was dealing with them the best way she could.

When I became mobile again  I would walk (and it was quite a hike)  to the main floor .. I'd say "Sandra I'm going to grab a coffee , want anything?  She'd get this mischevious smile on  she'd say yeah can you bring me a cookie? well I didn't because she wasn't allowed She complained about the food (so did I it was gross)  So I would walk with my walker  grab 2 coffees at Timmies inside the mall area of the hospital and I do mean mall area Several little shops.


All Sandra wanted was a Bagel & Cream Cheese and I had an Evwanted. One day she got up walked with the walker down the hall. She did great. We'd have these philisophical discussion on  the Young & The Restless.. All the recent changes with 2 identical Jacks and how Phylis could not  tell the erything Bagel .. By the time I got back she'd be fast asleep in a special chair for her.. You see Sandra had a few extra pounds but that didn't stop her from doing what she difference from the imposter to real Jack... Well the show was changing probably new writers that graduated from the ABC of writing..

We'd talk about different things. We both saw the Priest had Communion the next Sunday..
I really liked her a lot.
Sandra always had company from morning till night time she always had visitors.  You could just see how everyone loved her.  Her gregarious laugh  She's the kind of  friend that you would want forever.. I had panned on visiting her this week if she were still in hospital.

I was reading the newspaper and suddenly felt as if lightening struck me.
 I read the Obits you don't know who you know may have passed away. Having Cancer I have known many women that have died.

There is was a beautiful coloured photo of Sandra.... Sandy Died....September 19th.  To say I was in shock would be putting it mildly. I was in tears because I really though she was going to be Ok.. She'd be on a good eating plan exercise and she'd move into a new place that was a little more manageable ..

Yesterday was her burial.. I'm sure it was beautiful. I would have liked tohave gone but I've not felt well all week.

I did go to the visitation at the Funeral Home.. I think Sandra would have loved it. The room was full of people.... laughing talking. A few people recognized me from the hospital. They gave me hugs and welcomed me.   She looked very lovely and peaceful. I will never forget her. She's the kind of person that is just to hard to forget.
The day she died .. The World Became A Lot More Quiet!!
Rip Sandra.... Love Alli......


No comments:

Post a Comment